South Beach Salmon With Creamy Lemon Sauce Low Carb
I found this in the "South Beach Diet Book".. even if you're not dieting... it's great. Just substitute real sour cream for the fat-free for a to die for experience. It's quick, simple and uses on hand ingredients.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in the lemon juice, capers and lemon-pepper seasoning and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and cook for 5 minutes or until heated though.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is just opaque.
- Serve with the sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I'm sorry to post such a negative review but the sauce was nearly inedible. I omitted the lemon pepper seasoning and added some butter and cream to dilute the sauce a bit but the lemon flavour was overwhelming. The sauce was quite acidic. I think a mere tablespoon of the lemon juice would have been much better.
This doesn't taste low carb at all! Very nice contrast in flavors. Instead of putting the lemon pepper in the sauce I put it directly on the Salmon and I did cut down the amount of lemon juice but increased the capers! Made with Coconut Ginger Rice #26974 and Succotash #9129, all the flavors accented each other very well. Thank you for a fantastic recipe!