Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
photo by Francine88
- Ready In:
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt's No Added Sugar Italian Baking Sauce or Classico Spicy Red Pepper Spaghetti Sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- garlic salt, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a shallow, small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season each side of breast with garlic salt and Italian seasoning to your liking; place in casserole dish.
- Spoon pasta sauce equally over top of each breast.
- Bake for about 45 minutes; sprinkle equally with cheeses and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese are melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made this recipe several times and my husband and I both really enjoy this recipe. Alot of flavor in this recipe without adding alot of fat and sugar. The only modification I have made to this recipe is that I apply the cheese at the beginning of the recipe rather than the last 5 minutes. Thank you for the tasty recipe. :)
see 37 more reviews
This is lovely, doesn't feel like a diet recipe at all! It just goes to show that you don't need all the extra fat and breading for a great taste! I subbed lowfat cheddar cheese for the mozzarella since that's what I had, and it worked really well. This is great for a week night meal since you can just toss it together and do something else while it's cooking. I served with with steamed spinach, very nice combo. Thanks for posting this.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Welcome! I joined this website in 2001, as a new wife and Mom of a 1 y/o and I was 28 yrs old and did not know about cooking. I found this website cause I searched the web and wanted to find a good recipe for carrots! I found that recipe and so much more here over the years. I learned so much from this website and opened up my eyes to other recipes. I now am 46 y/o. I am now divorced and my then 1 y/o son is now a Marine. I have a wonderful man in my life that loves and appreciates my cooking and I thank this site for all of its help. I still come here for recipes. I hope you like my recipes and your family enjoys them also....there is many here and I love to pass them on.