South Beach Diet Sausage Veggie Breakfast Muffins
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- NOTE: You can use egg substitute (I always keep a container handy).
- Heat oven to 350.
- Crumble your italian sauge in a skillet with NO oil until nicely browned. (you can also use the italian patties).
- Drain on paper towels and set aside in bowl.
- Chop your peppers and onion and saute in same skillet until soft. Add to your sausages and mix well.
- Spray your muffin tins and fill 1/2 way with sausage mix. If using whole eggs, beat and pour just to barely cover mix in tins. If using egg substitute, just pour to just barely cover.
- Sprinkle Parm cheese over top, this will form a nice crust. Place muffin tin on top of large cookie sheet incase of dripping.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minuters until slightly puffed.
- There's no seasoning to add because the sausage is pre-seasoned. You can also make this with Turkey Sausage and use whatever veggies you like!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made these this morning with Better Than Eggs egg substitute. Used green onion, as I had no onion on hand. Baked in 12 space muffin tin 20 min. At 15 the center was still wet looking, but I think 20 was too much, so next time I will do 18 min. for perfection. Very tasty. Had 2 with a spicy V8. Nice light breakfast. Thanks for the recipe.