photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 3 chayotes, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small lemon, juiced and strained
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- Combine chayote, chile pepper, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, and vinegar in large bowl.
- Toss to thoroughly coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro springs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Not only is this salad delicious and easy to put together, it's addictive! On average, we have this at least once a week and have passed the recipe along to family across the country. Everyone loves it! The only direction I stray from in this recipe is to julienne the chayote instead of slicing it thin. Purely a preference thing. Thanks for giving us a new family favorite, mersaydees!
This is one lovely dish! I loved everything about this, right down to that dang gone dressing that swells with taste and a bit of kick due to the serrano chili (which, I adore!) This lovely salad is so delicious - also with the cilantro makes this recipe end up over the rainbow. I let sit for about 2 hours to meld the flavors - and this was divine! Thanks for posting such a great recipe!