Smothered Chicken - Low Carb
I got this recipe out of George Stella's cookbook then tweaked it to suit my tastes.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing (I use Wishbone, it has lower carbs)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 - 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Sprinkle the breasts with salt & pepper.
- Pour the olive oil into a hot pressure cooker then add the onions. Cook the onions for 5 minutes then add the chicken along with the garlic powder & poultry seasoning.
- Put enough water in the cooker to just cover the chicken. Cover with the lid then cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ingredients for the sauce excluding the shredded cheese.
- Once the chicken is done use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken along with the onions. Place them into a glass baking dish.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken then top with the shredded cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Tweaked it a bit because I don't have a pressure cooker. Cooked it in a skillet, strained off the extra juices and continued. Also made my own poultry seasoning. It was very moist and juicy I think next time I will use less mayo because the taste of it was a little to overbearing for my youngest who doesn't like mayo. I will most likely try this again, I thought I told was delicious over all. Thanks for sharing!Reply
Very good. The only pressure cooked I have in the 12 qt canner, a bit much for 1 serving. I pan browned the chicken until almost done then put it in a small casserole for the oven. I thought that the Parmesan could have left out with the cheese on top (I used a marble cheddar). The chicken came out very moist and tender.1Reply
see 1 more