This is great served over noodles or rice.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs or 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, bone-in
- 1 package dry mushroom gravy mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Heat oil; add onion, green pepper, and celery.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken; cook 7 minutes per side, until browned.
- Combine gravy mix and milk.
- Stir into chicken.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I actually wasnt sure if this should be a light or dark sauce ...my mushroom gravy would have made it dark, so in the end, I went for a can of mushroom and chicken soup, and added in some cream, to make a deliciously thick and creamy sauce. The veggies were a good touch, I added more than required, and next time would add more red ... tomatoes on top, or carrots on the side ....... good easy dinner though, really enjoyed, served over rice, thank you MizzNezz!Reply
Our family just loved it. Our daughter fixed it, she said it was very easy to prepare. And then she served each individual. It looked like sometime you would get at only the very best places. She did top with cheese and tomatoes. It was so good, we had her make it a second time. Wonderful recipe!!! Thanks!!!1Reply
see 2 more