photo by daisygrl64
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oil, from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup julienned sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Boil cubed potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil and oil from sun-dried tomatoes over medium high heat. Add shallots and potatoes. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the shallots and potatoes turn golden.
- Mix in spinach, tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir to mix ingredients. Add tablespoon butter and continue to cook until butter melts and spinach and tomatoes are heated through, about another 5 minutes.
- Top with shredded asiago and crumbled bacon. Serve with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Omg! I would give you 10 stars for this recipe. My family loved loved it. This recipe is hidden, it needs to be discovered. An Amazing potato side. I only regret that I didn't double the recipe, cuz we had no leftovers for lunch. We topped the potatoes with 3 Cheese Ranch Salad dressing and it really made it even that much better. Thank you for posting this recipe and I will make again soon. I made for team "Cooks With Dirty Faces" for ZWT5
see 15 more reviews
Wow! I made a light version of these (less oil and cheese, no butter, used low fat turkey bacon), and they were still absolutely fantastic! I added some garlic, used a chili pepper instead of the cayenne, and just a sprinkle of salt. It took only about 8 minutes for me for this to brown pretty well. The combination of flavors really works here, and the balance of veggies to potatoes is just right. We topped this with nonfat sour cream, which enhanced the flavor nicely, but it certainly does not need it. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Molson 6/13/1993 - 1/2/2007 <br /><br />You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. ~Robert Louis Stevenson <br /><br /><br /><br />PARTICIPATION BANNERS: <br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/Copyofsoybean.jpg border=0 alt=tag /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-Kim.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2237/2417939508_a2fe6ca1d6.jpg?v=0 alt=Rosemary Herb for January 2008 /> <img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/2418175268_0be79b1528.jpg?v=0 alt=Cumin Herb for February 2008 /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/garden%20forum%20sage.JPG alt= /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cinnamonchallenge.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2821533761_69a8a5ea82.jpg?v=0 alt= /> <br /><a href=http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/?action=view?t=oregano1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/oregano1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/AdoptATag2-2-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>