Skillet Roasted Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs mini red potatoes or 2 lbs white potatoes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (less if the broth is salty)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh chives, thinly chopped
- fleur de sel
- Prepare potatoes and wash well in cold water.
- Arrange in one layer in a large skillet so they are almost touching - they'll need room later when they are cracked open (nonstick pan works best).
- Add rosemary, broth, oil, butter and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to medium, cover the pan, but leave the lid a lttle aside, and boil until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- The liquid should still be about halfway up surrounding the potatoes; if not, add more broth or a little water until it does.
- Remove the pan from heat, press on each potato with a spoon or 1/4 cup measure just until it cracks open.
- Set the pan over medium-high heat and cook uncovered until the liquid has evaporated, let the potatoes sizzle until the bottoms have browned on one side, about 10 minutes.
- Gently turn the potatoes and brown the other side, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
- Pass the fleur de sel so diners can sprinkle some on if they want!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These are delicious! I love rosemary but had never used with taters before but will do from now on! What a lovely and refreshin taste. I even used fresh rosemary I am still growng in a pot since summertime. I paird this with your recipe #163570 <br/> Pork Tenderloin With Fennel Seed and Onions for a wonderful weekend dinner. Made in honor of your wonderful husband.