Animal-Style Skillet Potatoes #SP5
photo by Put On Your Cake Pa
- Ready In:
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup thousand island dressing
- 3 slices American cheese
- First, start caramelizing the onions: heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Place the onions in the skillet and let cook, without stirring, for 5-8 minutes, until the bottom sides have started to brown. Once the bottom sides have started to brown, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions are thoroughly browned, about 20 minutes.
- After the onions have been cooking for about 15 minutes, start cooking the potatoes. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a separate skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add potatoes and cook, covered, until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir the Thousand Island dressing into the potatoes and stir gently to coat. Tear each slice of cheese into four pieces and place on top of the potatoes. Place the lid on the skillet and cook 1-2 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Top with caramelized onions and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 48 more reviews