Mashed Potato Truffles: Dark Chocolate and Orange #SP5
photo by Just Garlic
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 navel orange, zest and juice
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
- In a mixing bowl, combine well the mashed potatoes, the zest of one navel orange, and the juice of half of the orange.
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips either in a double boiler, or by heating in the microwave for approximately 1.5 minutes, stirring every 25-30 seconds.
- Once the chocolate is thoroughly melted, add it to the potato mixture, stir well to combine, then allow the mix to chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes, or until a scooped portion of the mix can be easily shaped (rolled in your hands).
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. You're ready to form the truffles: scoop an approximately tablespoon-sized amount of the filling, and form into a ball by rolling with your hands. Set these on the wax paper, then allow the balls to chill in the refrigerator or freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips and dip the chilled filling balls to coat completely. The chocolate sets quickly, so work fast, and enjoy! These keep very well in the refrigerator and freezer and make great gifts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm an academic who enjoys spending time at libraries and archives, but also looks forward to relaxing and experimenting in the kitchen. I love vegetables, keep mostly vegetarian, and believe fervently in the delicious powers of garlic.</p>