Shrimp With Orange and Ginger
This recipe is from Le Gordon Bleu Quick and Easy book. I have made it several times and its very tasty. It is good to serve over rice.
- Ready In:
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried chili, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb raw shrimp or 1 lb thawed frozen shrimp
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 6 scallions
- 2 large oranges
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Peel the ginger and grate it in a bowl.
- Finely chop the garlic and add it to the ginger with the crushed chillies, salt and pepper and sesame oil.
- Add the shrimp cover and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile thinly slice the red pepper.
- Slice the scallions on the diagonal keeping the white and green separate.
- Peel and segment the oranges, catching the juice in a bowl.
- There should be 3 or 4 tbsp of juice.
- Heat a wok or skillet over moderately high heat unil hot.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry for a few minutes until pink all over.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat the sunflower in the pan, then add the red pepper and white parts of the scallions and stir fry until soft.
- Mix in the orange segments and juice, then return the shrimp and any juices to the pan and stir until mixed and heated through.
- Serve with the green parts of the scallions over rice.
- 5 minutes prep time, 10 to 15 marinating and 8 minutes cooking time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION