Scottish Burnt Cream
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Very rich made with cream, egg yolks and brown sugar crunch.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 vanilla beans, split or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Scald cream with vanilla bean in a heavy pan.
- Set aside while preparing the custard.
- Beat the yolks with the 1/4 cup sugar until thick.
- Strain the cream and pour it slowly onto the egg yolks, beating constantly.
- Add the vanilla extract if the bean was not used.
- Place the cream in a 1 quart oven proof dish.
- Place dish in a larger pan of water and bake in a 300°F oven for 1 hour or until set.
- Chill the cream for several hours.
- When ready to serve, place the dish in a larger pan and surround with ice cubes.
- Sift on the brown sugar.
- place under a very hot broiler until the sugar is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit.
- World’s Best Recipes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION