Scott's Original Burnt Cream
This is a rich and decadent burnt creme that is served at Scott's, a very popular local restaurant. This is perfect for special occasions when calories don't count or when you need some total comfort food!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat cream over low heat until bubbles form around the edgo of the pan.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until thick, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat cream into egg yolks, then stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into 6 six-ounce custard cups or creme brulee dishes. Place in baking dish that has about 1/2 cup water in the bottom. Bake until set, about 45 minute. Remove custard cups from the water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir together both sugars then sprinkle each custard with about 2 teaspoons of the sugar blend.
- Place on the top rack under the broiler, cooking until the topping is medium brown. Chill before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent flavor! I used Mexican vanilla and only white sugar on top, as we've experimented with brown sugar mixtures in the past and prefer the white only, but the whole family really enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for posting, Momaphet! Made & enjoyed for Photo Forum's National Dessert Month. :)Reply
see 4 more