Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Super easy, great tasting meal, made in your crock pot, perfect consistency. You can even plan for it to be done when you want by using high or low heat.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs aprox. potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thick sliced ham (or more)
- 1 onion, diced
- Put approx half of potatoes in crock pot, then lay in ham, then the diced onion, then the rest of the potatoes. Top with the soup, chunk the butter and drop around, and then the cheese. Cook on low approx 6hrs, depending on the thickness of potatoes -- or high for about 3. Stirring at least once. If you crock pot gets super hot, use the low setting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I really loved this simple, easy, yummy recipe! Like on of the other reviewers, I was unsure of how much flavor this would have since there really aren't any seasonings but it was delicious! The only things that were wrong with it were completely my fault: I left it in a bit long so the ham as a little bit dried out and I didn't have enough potatoes so it ended up being a bit salty. I used shredded cheddar since that was what I had on hand and I think next time I will layer the cheese on top of each potato layer. Thanks for a wonderfully easy recipe!
This is very good. I used ham steaks and added extra cheese. I must have cut my potatoes a little thick because it had to cook 4 1/2 hours on high. I was tempted to season the potatoes because I thought it might be bland but I'm glad I didn't. It was actually a little salty for my taste, but my husband said it was just perfect. Thanks for posting, it's a keeper!