photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- Place one layer of sliced potatoes on bottom of 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Cut butter into pieces and dot potatoes with 1/3 of butter.
- Top with 1/3 diced onion evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of flour, salt and pepper.
- Repeat two more times for a total of 3 layers.
- Top with can of condensed (undiluted) cream of mushroom soup, spread evenly.
- Cover and cook at 350º for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What's not to like, easy to prepare, great taste and a real comfort food. DH who never says much said he loved it. I made it exactly as listed except I didn't even bother to peel the potatoes and added a grated mexican cheese blend to the top for something extra and cooked for an extra 1/2 hour. Took it out of the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes and it was perfect. Thanks CC for a new family favorite.
This was really great! Preparation was simple. I didn't peel my potatoes (I never do), and I substituted a can of cheddar soup. I also added some smoked paprika between layers and added almost 1/2 cup of milk. I did have to cook it longer - about 20 minutes more. Thanks for an easy, yummy scalloped potato recipe!
This has a very good flavor.If you can peel a potato you can do this. The only item the was in question is that the mushroom sauce did not flow through the rest of the potatoes on the bottom.All of the mushroom stayed on top. I think the next time I will add the sauce in layers instead of pouring it on all at the end of prep.Other than it can out well,potatoes were done, not hard at all. Very basic and very easy.
see 9 more reviews