Crusted Scalloped Potatoes
This is a delicious version of scalloped potatoes because of the bread crumb topping.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 4 -6 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter on medium heat.
- Stir in 1 tbsp flour.
- Add the milk in slowly, constantly stirring.
- Stir until it's all well blended and a little bit thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Slice potatoes very thin and chop onions finely too.
- Alternate layers of onion and potato.
- Pour sauce over everything.
- Cover with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle melted butter over it all.
- Bake covered for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation