Sauteed Spinach With Pine Nuts
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 -4 cups fresh spinach, washed
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice of, only
- sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- toast pine nuts lightly in pan and set aside. Watch carefully these are easy to burn!
- In large skillet warm olive oil then add garlic. Cook garlic just until it starts to pop then add spinach and lemon juice.
- Keep tossing spinach and as it starts to wilt and add in pine nuts; add light sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- You want to cook spinach until it's just completely wilted, but not until it's mush. Turn off heat, add grated cheese and toss lightly as it melts. Remove from pan to serving dish and top with a little more grated cheese and you're ready to go.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is really terrific!!! I love the lemon in spinach, it really brightens the flavor and takes away the bitterness that can sometimes come with fresh spinach!! The toasty goodness from the pine nuts really enhanced this dish, so much so that I left off the parmesan cheese because I didn't think it was needed. Because the garlic was underneath all that fresh spinach, I took the skillet off the heat until the spinach wilted enough so I could stir it all around with the garlic because I didn't want the garlic to burn. The heat from the pan wilted it down all by itself. I finished with a lemon sea salt that I had gotten which really paired well with this dish. Love this recipe, will make again lots!!!