Sauteed Peas With Mushrooms and Garlic
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, to your taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and stir to coat.
- Cover pan tightly and simmer for approx 15 minutes, or until peas are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Join The Conversation
DH really likes the steamer bags of mushrooms and peas in the frozen foods aisle, but this recipe blows those steamer bags out of the water! We sliced the garlic really thin and added a bit more peas. The butter could probably be cut down to 3 tablespoons, but other than that we are in love with this recipe!
My husband phones me at 4:00 and has invited friends over the watch the hockey game. I am scrambling for food, knowing that I had a bag of frozen peas in my freezer. I cut the recipe in half... but next time I will up the garlic to 4 cloves and keep everything else the same. Fast and simple....not bad for a recipe that worked in a pinch
If I could give this 10 stars I would! I LOVE this recipe!! I am a big fan of peas and usually make my mom's Parmesan pea recipe. I was looking for something a little different & came across this recipe. I love peas, mushrooms and garlic, so I thought this would be perfect! I have made it using all butter, half butter and half olive oil and all olive oil. I added bacon once, too. The peas were delicious every time! You can't go wrong with this recipe!