Peas and Mushroom Alfredo
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) box fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) package refrigerated alfredo sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 -2 cup grated romano cheese
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook fettuccine as label directs.
- While it's cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in large saute pan.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until juices evaporate and mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add Alfredo sauce and peas to mushroom and garlic; heat through.
- Add 1 cup Romano cheese; stir to combine.
- Drain fettuccine.
- In large mixing bowl, toss fettuccine and Alfredo-sauce mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with remaining Romano.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for lunch as a main dish, and it was surprisingly filling. I think I'll try substituting spinach, asparagus, or broccoli as an alternative to the peas sometimes and I'd increase the mushrooms. I agree with the other reviews that the addition of protein would make this a complete meal. Thanks for posting!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!