Sausage Cheese Balls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Chef John, Foodwishes. My family loved this. I'd like to make again using a bit more meat in the ratio. I also like to add crushed red pepper to taste mixed in (I grind mine a bit finer in an old coffee grinder).
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs raw hot italian pork sausage (remove the casings from uncooked, link-style sausages)
- 1⁄2 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 lb shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk (or more if needed)
- Mix together sausage, cheese and green onion.
- In separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. (This is equivalent to biscuit mix or self rising flour--so you could substitute if you wish).
- Mix flour mixture with meat/cheese mixture.
- When mixed fairly well, sprinkle in milk and mix until you get mixture to where it can be shaped into balls.
- Shape into balls about the size of a walnut or slightly larger.
- Bake at 450° for 12 - 15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. (I like to broil for a minute or two for extra color at the end).
- Serve with your favorite sauce. I like to make a dijonnaise with mayonnaise and Dijon mustard to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION