Sarah's Potluck Potatoes
This is a great potluck idea. I got this recipe from my mom, who made it when I was a kid. I loved it, and still do.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen hash browns (I use southern style)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave frozen hash browns for 4 minutes on high.
- Stir sour cream, butter, onion,soup, and cheese into potatoes.
- Spread mixture evenly into a greased 9X13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle corn flakes over top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My family loved this, especially my granddaughter, this is all she would eat for dinner! I loved the fact that it is simple to throw together. The only change I made was done out of necessity, I only had 1 1/2 cups sour cream - the other 1/2 cup I used cream cheese. I will definitely be making this again. Thank you for sharing! NOTE: I thought this was really good the next day too after the flavors had more time to mingle.