Crock Pot Creamy Cheesy Red Potatoes
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- Place cubed potatoes in crock pot.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Combine Velveeta, onion, garlic and salt with cottage cheese/sour cream blend, mix well.
- Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir before serving and garnish with paprika and chives.
Great potatoes! I cut my potatoes pretty small so the cooking time was right on target for me. I used reduced-fat versions of the cottage cheese, sour cream and Velveeta. Also, I used fresh minced onion in place of the dried flakes. I must tell you that I was worried about this. Halfway through cooking, it seemed like I was going to have soup with undercooked potatoes. But...after about 5 1/2 hours, the liquid cooked off into a nice thick and moist sauce and my potatoes were the perfect tenderness. Yummy! I'm glad that I coated my slowcooker with nonstick spray; it made clean up much easier. I'll be making this recipe again. Thanx, Tara! :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Welcome! I joined this website in 2001, as a new wife and Mom of a 1 y/o and I was 28 yrs old and did not know about cooking. I found this website cause I searched the web and wanted to find a good recipe for carrots! I found that recipe and so much more here over the years. I learned so much from this website and opened up my eyes to other recipes. I now am 46 y/o. I am now divorced and my then 1 y/o son is now a Marine. I have a wonderful man in my life that loves and appreciates my cooking and I thank this site for all of its help. I still come here for recipes. I hope you like my recipes and your family enjoys them also....there is many here and I love to pass them on.