Ruth's Mazola Buns
photo by Shar-on
- Ready In:
8 dozen or more
- Mix together water, sugar, oil and yeast in your mixing bowl.
- Add about 4 cups of flour, then the beaten eggs and salt.
- Then add the remaining flour, the last two cups a little at a time until the dough is the right texture and easy to handle: you may not use all the flour.
- I let my bosch knead the dough a few minutes.
- If hand kneading, turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place in a large covered mixing bowl which as a little oil in it and let rise to double in size.
- Punch down and form into buns, placing them on greased baking sheets.
- Cover with a clean teatowel and plastic sheet and let rise again.
- Bake at 375 degF for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool on baking racks.
- If you plan to freeze them, make sure that they are cold before putting them in the plastic bags.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!