- Ready In:
- 9hrs 45mins
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced yukon gold potato
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn (or fresh corn kernels)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet; saute the onion, flour, carrots, celery, garlic, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, and chicken until chicken is white on all sides; drain off excess fat.
- Put sauteed ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the chicken stock; stir.
- Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours (is ready in 6 hours in my cooker).
- Add in corn; cover and cook an additional 1/2 hour on high.
- Stir before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!