Roast Beef in a Bag
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 1 bolar roast
- 1 (45 g) packet French onion soup mix
- 1 oven cooking bag
- Place dry soup min in bag and shake.
- Put beef in bag and roll around to coat.
- Seal bag (do not pierce)and place in moderate oven.
- Cooking time will depend on how you like your beef cooked.
- I like mine well done -- dont worry it will be moist and flavoursome.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove meat from bag, reserve juices to make the worlds best gravy!
- note: This recipe is best for a bolar roast. Topside etc. is a bit too lean and wont turn out as tender.
Join The Conversation
This is not only the easiest roast but the best I've EVER made! I too threw in potatoes and baby carrots - on top of the Lipton Onion Soup Mix I diced some vidalia onion for extra flavor and added that wonderful 1/2 cup of red cooking wine - it made it even more juicy! My family loved it and the sandwiches the next day were just as good.