Rich Sour Cream Scones, from 1928
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter.
- Stir in the currents.
- Mix the beaten egg yolk with the sour cream and stir into the dry mix to make a smooth dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead lightly for 10 seconds.
- Pat or roll the dough into two 6 inch rounds 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- Score each round into quarters but do not cut through.
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) for 15 to 18 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!