Sour Cream Cut out Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and.
- sour cream. Stir in the baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour until.
- the dough becomes difficult to stir. Turn the dough out onto a floured.
- surface and knead until dough is no longer sticky.
- Roll the dough one-fourth.
- to one-half thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place cookies 1 and a half.
- inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 F degrees.
- Cookies should be lightly browned at the edges. Remove from cookie sheets to.
- wire racks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wonderful cookies. I had a friend that made these years ago. The original recipe was in a Better Homes and Garden cookbook, published in late fifties or early sixties. She would add nutmeg to the dough or sometimes flavor it with Anise flavoring(not the seeds)or she would just add the anise to the frosting. She also included vanilla flavoring with the anise.