A Greek-American friend of my husband's gave us this delicious recipe. We love making it with brown rice; it's filling without being heavy and the flavors are divine! It makes a lovely vegetarian supper, served with a Greek salad on the side.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup spearmint, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced, including bulb
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled (goats milk)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Sauté everything but the spinach.
- Mix in spinach and continue sautéing until the spinach is slightly limp.
- Remove from heat, add ground pepper, and mix in cooked rice, feta and beaten eggs.
- Pour into oiled baking dish; bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes.