Greek spinach and feta appetizer triangles
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (4 ounce) packages feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) package phyllo dough
- 3⁄4 lb butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly cook and stir onions until softened.
- Mix in spinach, dill and flour.
- Cook approximately 10 minutes, or until most of the moisture has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in feta cheese, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Lay phyllo dough flat and brush with butter.
- Place a small amount of spinach mixture onto each piece of dough.
- Fold phyllo into triangles around the mixture.
- Brush with butter.
- Place filled phyllo dough triangles on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 24 more