This was one of my great-grandmother's own recipes, she sure was a whiz in the kitchen!
- Ready In:
- 5 cups washed and cut rhubarb
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages Jello gelatin (any red jello, Concord grape is delicious)
- Cut rhubarb on bias so it doesn't become stringy.
- Mix sugar and rhubarb in a heavy pan and cook over low heat (add no water).
- Stir and boil 10 minutes then remove from heat.
- Stir in Jello until dissolved.
- Pour into jars and seal with lids or place open jars into the freezer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this recipe yesterday and am disappointed. Yes it is simple. No the result does not taste like Rhubarb. It is also extremely sweet. What I ended up with is a Strawberry flavored jam with visible rhubarb but nil rhubarb tang or taste. I would certainly use this simple recipe again but I would put in gelatin only and drop the jello totally.Reply
see 15 more