Cherry Rhubarb Jam
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe given to me by a friend. She shared it with us on a camp out. The flavor was just, wow!!! And also so simple.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 cups rhubarb
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- Dice rhubarb and combine with sugar and let stand 1 1/2 hours.
- Bring sugar and rhubarb to a boil cooking uncovered for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Stir in pie filling (She didn't cut up the cherries but I will.)
- Add extracts.
- Put in jars and refrigerate.
- Makes 5 cups.
- After this is cool I plan on freezing five 1/2 pint jars of jam.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION