Refreshing Ginger Chicken With Spinach & Mushrooms
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons shredded fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped (about 1 bunch)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine first three ingredients and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok until hot. Add the garlic and chicken, and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until chicken begins to change color.
- Add the reserved sauce and cook until it beings to simmer, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, ginger, brown sugar, and habanero pepper. Simmer for 6 minutes. Mix in spinach, then simmer for 2 more minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve over brown rice, and top with green onions, carrot, and cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
"Refreshing" is a very good word for this dish. Made as directed. Mine ended up with a lot of liquid that I was tempted to thicken with cornstarch but I resisted the temptation. The liquid was fine as is on a bed of rice. I could eat this everyday! Thanks, rpgaymer! Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
Very much enjoyed this. Dont much care for brown rice so served it with white, and didnt realise I was out of carrots, but otherwise as recipe. I adore Thai food and love the smell and taste of fish sauce, so no problems there! Great dish, full of flavour, and so easy on the tummy, will definitely be enjoying this again, thank you!! made for PRMR tag game.
Loved this dish...althou didn't care for the smell that the fish sauce created...I've used fish sauce forever...so it must have been the amount...anyway it tasted delicious...I cut the recipe in half and wished I would have used the whole habanero because we didn't feel the heat...I served it over white rice...thanks for posting it...=)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Feel free to use my recipes.