Red Tipped Leaf Lettuce Salad
- Ready In:
1 large salad
- 1 lb spinach (or head of red tipped leaf lettuce)
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I omit this salt)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt (I just use this salt)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 (11 ounce) can chilled mandarin oranges
- To make the dressing, mix salad oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and mustard in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- Pour dressing, seeds and fruit over the lettuce and/or spinach just before serving and toss it all to combine. Do not put the dressing on the salad until just before you serve it because it will wilt!
- IMPORTANT NOTE: ALTHOUGH the original recipe here calls for both celery salt AND regular salt, it is too much. Unless you really like salt, just use the celery salt amount!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!