Really Easy Make Ahead Lasagna for Two
photo by Secret Agent
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
1 casserole with leftovers
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese, not skim
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, not skim, shredded and divided
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and wrung dry (or 1/4 cup parsley, flat leaf, chopped)
- cracked black pepper
- 6 -8 lasagna noodles (I use the Trader Joe no boil brand and they are perfect for an 8-inch brownie pan)
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce (or your favorite sauce) or 28 ounces alfredo sauce (or your favorite sauce)
- chiffonade basil (to garnish)
- Mix all the filling ingredients together reserving 1/2 cup of mozzarella for the top of the lasagna.
- Put 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of an 8 x 8 brownie pan or casserole dish (use glass or ceramic).
- layer noodles over sauce and spoon 1/3 of the cheese mixture onto the noodles and then spoon on more sauce.
- Layer noodles for the second layer in the opposite direction, add 1/3 of the filling on top and then more sauce. Repeat until the pan is full.
- Cover the top layer of noodles with remaining sauce and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Remove the lasagna from the fridge 1/2 hour before baking. Remove plastic wrap and cover the dish with foil. Preheat the oven to 350 and bake about 45 minutes to an hour until the lasagne tests hot. If you like a crunchy top just uncover for about 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love this recipe! Easy and delicious... it's perfect! I used one organic egg instead the Egg Beaters and skipped the spinach. I used Barilla "No Boiling Required" flat lasagna noodles and they were delicious, with a great texture. Make sure you use a yummy sauce that you love... the sauce really makes this recipe. This meal is a treat for me and my hubby... thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello Zaars and Zaarinas! Thank all of you who tried my 'memory' recipes and left such nice reviews and for taking such lovely pictures. I do appreciate your comments. My pet peeves about cooking are recipe reviews where the reviewer says, "I made the recipe exactly as written EXCEPT yada yada yada" and I don't like suggestive names or titles such as, "Better Than Sex". I don't know why anyone would eat anything that is 'sinful' or 'decadent' since decadent is described as being decaying. Also, PAP-RI-KA only has 3 syllables. VINAIGRETTE is pronounced vin-a-grette, not vinager-ette. It's mas-car-pone not mars-ca-pone. And I don't like cutesy adult baby talk,,, or metro chic names like delish, nutrish, yummo, sammy, BAM! Oh well, I make as many, or more, faux pas as the next guy especially in ASL! Things that crack me up are: DH Fred from youtube.com Nick, my nephew Fish and Poi song as performed by PoiBoi My possum recipe per the song on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVvL4-srt6U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpbyM8k7e2Q wow this is good! my Doggie Little Yellow Petey Bird on youtube My BFF's. all of them and there are so many! and my little Sister Mary Beth. She has MS and Lupus and a great attitude. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">