photo by vrvrvr
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (26 ounce) jar favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked lasagna noodle, can use any variety
- 1 cup water
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, spinach, salt, pepper and oregano. Stir well.
- Spread 1/3 spaghetti sauce in a greased 9x13" baking dish. (NOTE: You can stretch your sauce by thinning with a little water so that you have enough for topping.).
- Place 1/2 of (uncooked) lasagna noodles over sauce.
- Spread with 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture.
- Then again: sauce, noodles, cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup mozzarella over.
- Save a bit of sauce to dribble over top.
- Pour water around edges.
- Cover securely with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!