Quick Ham and Cheese Bake
Made with buttermilk baking mix, this is a quick 30 minute meal.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up cooked ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bisquick buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400°. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Mix ham, vegetables and Parmesan cheese in plate.
- In a small bowl, stir baking mix, milk and eggs with fork until blended. Pour into plate.
- Bake 25 minute or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Bake 2 minute longer or until melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made 1.5 times the recipe and it fed our family of 7 perfectly. To help with the blandness noted by another reviewer, I sprinkled black pepper on the casserole before adding the biscuit/milk/egg mixture. It was a great addition. I also reduced the milk by 1/3, which helped with the cooking time. It was done right on time with the reduced milk. Very kid-friendly.Reply
I gave this recipe 3 stars. This recipe got mixed reviews in my house. My 7 yr old newphew didn't like this, my future hubby said it was bland, but I thought it was good. I like the fact that it was so easy to put together. I had some ham to use up. I doubled the filling and put it in a casserole dish. I didn't double the batter. This took forever to cook and get done enough that we could eat it. I think I allowed this to cook 50-60 minutes. Overall I would not recommend doubling the recipe. I did also use a Italian blend of cheese as I was out of cheddar. Thanks for posting a good recipe! Christine (internetnut)Reply