Tomato, Ham and Cheese Bake
A great supper dish with a green salad and a glass of Pinot Grigio. Add this to your buffet dinner or potluck supper
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 8 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine ham, mayo, and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese and melted butter.
- In a greased 9x13-inch baking dish, place 1/3 of the tomatoes, top with 1/3 of the ham mixture, cover with 1/3 of the breadcrumb mixture.
- Repeat process, creating 2 more layers.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My homegrown tomatoes went to good use in this recipe! They are the star of this recipe. IMO, you really should use homegrown tomatoes in this dish for the ultimate juicy, sweet tomato flavor. I made it just as written, but just added a little chopped onion to the ham mixture. I would be proud to take this to a summer picnic/potluck. Thanx for posting!