Quark Sandwich Spread
This is a spread which is great on rice crackers. Quite good as a quickie snack.
- Ready In:
- 1 kg Quark
- 200 g sour cream
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- chives or parsley
- If you your quark resembles sour cream, you should mix it with salt and drain it in a drainer lined with a clean cloth.
- Once it has the consistency of cream cheese you can continue.
- mix quark, sour cream (may be substituted by cream), pepper, onion.
- add salt and a pinch of sugar to taste (if you had to drain the quark, you might want to leave the salt out).
- Add chives or parsley.
- Note: You can vary this by adding hard boiled eggs, using only onions, garlic and herbs.
- It lasts about a week in the fridge.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used ricotta (no quark available here in OZ), and I subbed roasted red pepper. I also halved the amounts of dairy. It was pretty good, especially after I added ground black pepper, and it did improve overnight in the refrigerator. Oh, I used the chives in the mixture but parsley was sprinkled over when it was served on thin rice crackers. Next time I make this I want to add finely chopped pickled onion. Lemon pepper would be good too. Thank you.Reply