Big Sandwich Spread
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf French bread, split lengthwise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion (or a few shakes of onion powder, about 1/4 tsp.)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 - 1 lb deli roast beef (and or or other sandwich meat)
- pickle (optional)
- Mix all the spread ingredients together.
- Slice a loaf of French bread lengthwise.
- Spread mixture on the inside of both halves.
- Top bottom half with any combination of sandwich meats that you desire.
- Can also be topped with pickles if you wish.
- Place top half of bread on the sandwich and slice into individual servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very interesting! The spread is essentially the makings of a cheese ball prior to chilling, but it makes a really great sandwich spread! We combined our sandwiches with generous helpings of turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, and spread and like another reviewer, we toasted the French bread and sliced out individual sandwiches. This was a really quick, yummy, and filling lunch-thanks so much!
This is our go-to sandwich spread. I use this quite often to make french bread sandwiches for my family. As a matter of fact, they call it Big Sandwich when they ask for it. I use it as it is given in the recipe, although I only use it on one side of the bread. I use plain mayo on the other and I get more sandwiches out of one recipe. Thank you so much for sharing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Virginia girl who loves my Shenandoah Valley. My best friend and sister is "Marg" of Recipezaar. Her beautiful pictures make many of my recipes more appealing. :) My passion is my wonderful husband and homeschooling my two teen sons. It's a good thing I like to cook because they all have "man size" appetites!