Peanutty Carrot Sandwich Spread
I had some shredded carrot to use and was thinking it would be tasty with peanut butter...after a quick search, I came up with this tasty morsel. Adapted from a cookbook by JoAnna Lund. I've also made this with chopped dried fig in place of the raisins; dried cherries or cranberries would be good too.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade or 1 tablespoon apricot marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter & marmalade; add carrots & raisins. Mix well.
- Use as a sandwich filling with your favorite bread or enjoy with crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this with extra chunky PB & orange marmalade, then was a bit generous with the raisins! Absolutely delicious, & another time, I want to make a much larger batch to have on my finger food counter when I host one of my next monthly gatherings! Thanks for the great keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]Reply