Plantation Pork Cubes
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 50mins
- 3 -5 lbs pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 ounces gingerroot, grated
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, chopped (the stems)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
Peanut Butter SaucE
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced (the stems)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Place pork cubes in shallow glass baking dish. Combine marinade ingredients. Mix well. Pour over pork and marinate for 2 and a half hours.
- Threat cubes (4 or 5) on skewers. Place on grill over low heat and cook 8-10 minutes. Turn and cook another 8-10 minutes.
- To make sauce: Combine ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place indificual servings of pork cubes and peanut butter sauce at each place setting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
For starters, my name is Jen. ?West Virginia transplant living in Knoxville, TN. ?I'm a mechanical engineer and I serve as the principal facilities mechanical engineer to a large automotive manufacturer.