This recipe was a family recipe given to me by my mother. It was usually served at every Easter dinner. It is such a wonderful compliment to a baked Ham or some types of Pork Roast. Many guests have left my home with copies of this recipe. It is a great do ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake. Then bring to room temp before baking. This will please your family and friends. And you will always receive wonderful comments.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup butter, melt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 (16 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, undrained
- 10 -12 slices bread, crust removed and torn
- 1 dash cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs and crushed pineapple. Mix well.
- Slowly add bread and stir well. The mixture will look a bit soupy in consistency.
- Pour mixture into well greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with a bit of cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven, uncovered, for 1 hour. Remove and let set for 15 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is definately a keeper. I halved the recipe and my DH ate almost half of it. He asked me to put the leftovers in the fridge so he could have it for bfast (it has eggs in it after all). I served it with chicken but would be much better served with pork in place of apple sauce. Very simple to make.Reply