Mexican Chicken & Stuffing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups chicken flavor stuffing mix (I prefer Stove Top in the canister)
- 3⁄4 cup mild salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (f).
- Mix water and margarine in 13x9 baking dish until margarine is melted.
- Stir in the stuffing mix and 1/4 cup of the salsa.
- Arrange chicken over stuffing mix.
- Pour remaining salsa over chicken.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow! Packed a mean flavor punch!! After reading the other reviews, I doubled the stuffing. I was also heavy handed with the salsa, adding about 1/2 c. to the stuffing and dumping the rest of a 16 oz. jar on top of the chicken. Whoops! The entire 2 cup package of Mexican blend cheese fell out of the bag and right onto the chicken....tee hee. Wonderful mistake. Thanks for a great recipe!Reply
This chicken was very good! The only thing I will change next time is to double the stuffing (double the water & margarine as well). There didn't seem to be enough stuffing, so the breading spread out thinly to the edge of the dish and that stuffing got crisp and hard. I also will add more cheese to the top. Thanks for the recipe!Reply
I made this dish to use up some extra stuffing cubes from Thanksgiving and I liked it very much. Next time, however, I won't add as much liquid to the stuffing. When it came out of the oven it looked like it was swimming. It was pretty mushy and my DH wouldn't touch it. He liked the chicken though very much. I added some more bread cubes and waited for them to soak up excess liquid and then the stuffing was very good.Reply
see 7 more