Passover Matzo Stuffing
I've never been able to find a matzo stuffing my family enjoyed so I decided to omit the Ritz crackers and cornbread from my Thanksgiving stuffing, Recipe #78109, and replace them with matzo. The result was delicious and tastes exactly like the original recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 -14 ounce) box matzos
- 3 large onions, sliced thin
- oil, enough to saute' onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- Crush matzah.
- Saute' onions in oil till transparent.
- Add carrots and apples and cook till the are softened.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix together and taste for seasoning.
- If too dry you can moisten with a bit more broth or water.
- Stuff turkey loosely.
- Any leftover stuffing can be cooked along-side turkey in foil or in a casserole dish.
- When basting turkey, add some of the juices to any stuffing cooked outside the bird.