Pineapple Pork Roast
photo by jonesies
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- Salt and pepper pork roast to taste.
- Combine all ingredients, except flour and water, pour over roast.
- Put on lid and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Once done, remove roast.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- Return meat and pineapple to crockpot.
- Add water to liquid to make 1 3/4 cups.
- In saucepan, blend flour and cold water together to form a smooth paste.
- Add hot reserved liquid and stir.
- Cook on medium until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Pour over roast.
- Serve with rice or potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good. I made this for supper last night. I served it with mixed veggies and rice. I only cooked it 5 hours on high and the flavors melded together wonderfully. When dh tried to cut it, it just fell apart. We didn't make the "gravy" we just used the juice and it was still delicious. DH says this is a keeper so we will definitely be making this again and again. Thanks for sharing.
I made this the other night, but only used a small can of crushed pineapple since that's what I had. I added it (with juice) at the beginning rather than later. The roast turned out great. I thickened it with a little cornstarch and water about an hour before we ate. The next night I heated up the leftovers with some BBQ sauce for sandwiches.
Fantastic! Made this one for dinner tonight and it was fabulous! It only took 6 hours in the crock however (maybe because my roast was slightly smaller than 3 lbs). The meat just fell apart upon slicing! Once it was sliced, served over white rice and it was a huge hit. Thanks for a keeper! P.S. My pic was obviously taken before the roast was sliced :)