Pineapple Cranberry Pork Roast
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (3 -4 lb) pork loin roast (trimmed)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- Pierce meat with a knife in several places.
- Mix all of spices together and sprinkle over entire roast.
- Place onions in the bottom of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Place roast on top of onions.
- Mix cranberry sauce and pineapple together.
- Pour over roast. Cover and bake at 350 about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or till internal temp reads 155.
- Remove from oven for about 10 mins before slicing.
- The last step is crutial. This brings the meat to proper temperature and allows for perfect slicing.
Join The Conversation
This recipe is great just as given . I have tweaked a little. Set aside pineapple juice. After pork bakes remove from oven to rest . While pork is resting prepare cornstarch with the pineapple juice to thicken with the pineapple and cranberry in the pan. This just makes a little more "sauce" for the pork
I used 2 pork tenderloin. It cooked for 1 hour. I used Mrs Dash seasoning, reduced the quantity for pepper. I was sure I got a can of whole berry cranberry sauce. But no! :( It was a can of cranberry jelly. I tried it this way. It's good. And I forgot the onion. Today wasn't my day lol Thanks MsSally :) Made for Holiday tag.