Pineapple Delicious Pudding
- Ready In:
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Blend in flour, followed by pineapple.
- Whisk egg yolks and milk together.
- Lightly mix in the pineapple mixture.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold lightly into pineapple mixture.
- Pour into a greased oven-proof casserole dish.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven (190c) for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- The top should be a cakey crust with a custard consistency underneath.
- Serve with cream, ice cream and a dusting of icing sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very simple pudding that works beautifully. I didn't have any crushed pineapple so I ran some rings through the food processor, just a few pulses, didn't want pineapple mush. I used soy milk to keep it non-dairy. I also used brown sugar, which gave it a nice caramelly flavor which really complemented the pineapple. With some high-quality vanilla ice cream it garnerd me a few compliments. I will certainly make this again and again! Thanks Gidget!
I made this for dinner tonight. It was yummy, but it didn't rise as much as I would wish. Please don't take it to heart Gidget-I think it was my fault! I wanted to be organised for dinner, so made it up to step 4 and then left it for about 1 hour to be finished. I think that upset the raising agent in the flour. I also think I will use a smaller dish to bake it in next time so I get more definate layers.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an Australian living in Switzerland. My husband currently has a work contract here. I am studying aromatherapy online and I also love cooking and my husband loves eating so it's a good combination. This site is fantastic, I honestly cook something different everynight thanks to this site. My husband says thanks too.