Quiche in a Bag (Oamc-Freezer Cooking)
This is one of my favorite monthly freezer cooking recipes. So easy and cooks up perfectly every time. It's from the Freezer Cooking Manual, but I tweaked it a little. Can be done in endless variations. My favorite combo is chicken, bacon and spinach with swiss cheese. Also great as a vegetarian meal- just skip the meat and add extra veggies.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup meat, any diced and browned (such as bacon, ham, chicken, sausage etc)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetables (thawed chopped spinach, broccoli, chopped green pepper)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (use 1 tsp for a spicier kick)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine meat, vegetable, cheese, and onion. Place this mixture in a labeled 1-gallon freezer bag.
- With a mixer or blender, combine the milk, eggs, Tabasco sauce, flour and baking powder.
- Pour into the bag with the meat/vegetable mixture.
- Seal and freeze.
- To serve, thaw completely. Shake bag well and pour into a spray-treated or greased deep dish pie plate or quiche pan.
- Bake at 350º for 35-45 minutes, until lightly browned on top and well set in the center.
- Cool about 5 minutes before serving.