Pineapple Cheese Casserole
The first time I ate this casserole I almost ate the entire thing! It is my Aunt Martha's recipe. It is absolutely delicious!
- Ready In:
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers (tubes, not boxes)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Place pineapple in casserole dish.
- Mix cheese, flour, and sugar;then pour over pineapple.
- Melt margarine with cracker crumbs and place over mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Oh my goodness. This is so good. I made this for Easter dinner and it went wonderfully with our ham. The combo of flavors is fantastic. DD was a bit leary of this but upon trying found it to be great. I halved this recipe but am wishing we didn't. Thank you so much for this really yummy casserole. So good.
I received a recipe similar from my MOI. It calls for 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice too and instead of mixing the melted butter in with the cracker crumbs, she crushes the crackers over the top and then places little pads of butter (an entire stick) on top of the crushed crackers. I think it makes it crispier. But it's to die for and everyone that tries it when I make it thinks so too!