Potato Cheese Casserole
My family loves this tater casserole! I do not recommend using any fat-free sour cream for this
- Ready In:
- 6 large red potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 cups cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated romano cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (can use more)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt for this)
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until tender, drain, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the next 10 ingredients, and 1 cup Swiss cheese; mix well.
- Fold in the potatoes.
- Spoon into greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly brown.
- Top with cheddar and remaining Swiss; sprinkle with paprika.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this and it was a hit! This is better than the other type of potato casseroles made with frozen hash browns. Between this and your spinach lasagna with sun dried tomato bechamel sauce recipe, I got compliments from one and all and everything was eaten up. No left overs with this recipe. Thanks for sharing it!